What is Erectile Dysfunction ?
- Increased blood volume in penis is required in order to get erection hard enough to start sexual intercourse and to keep it long enough ending with ejeculation. Most of Erectile Dysfunction cases are due to narrowing of the vessels that bring blood to penis which results insufficient or lesser volume of blood available to start or maintain etection.
- Erectile Dysfunction which is also known as Impotence can present intermittently or continuously. Although any vessel disease may cause Erectile Dysfunction, Atherosclerotic vessel disease (also known as vessel hardening) and/or Diabetic vessel disease are the major underlying causes of Erectile Dysfunction in 70% of patients. This is because atherosclerotic Coronary Heart Disease disease effecting coronary vessels in the heart also effects all the other vessels in the body, including vessels supplying blood to penis.
- The other very common vessel disease is Diabetes which effects all of the fine capillary vessels in the body including vessels supplying blood to penis. Therefore, it is a rule of thumb that any Diabetic patient sooner or later experiences Erectile Dysfunction.
- Smoking, elevated cholesterol and blood lipids are the other major contributors of vessel diseases and atherosclerosis.
- Moreover, many medications used for treatment of other medical conditions also cause Erectile Dysfunction as a side effect. For a list of these medications, Click Here...
- Erectile Dysfunction is a very common symptom in men over 40. Every 2 out 3 men after 40 intermittently or continuously experience Erectile Dysfunction.
- Erectile Dysfunction presents itself at varying Grades (also known as Scores). Scores carry significant importance in planning of ED1000 Therapy;while patients with Mild and Moderate scores are treated successfully with 6 ED1000 therapy sessions, patients with Severe scores are treated successfully with 12-24 ED1000 therapy sessions.